The Southern Border Terrier Club was registered with the Kennel Club on the 20th October 1930. The original name of the Club was "The Southern Counties Border Terrier Club". This name remained until after the Second World War when it became known as the Southern Border Terrier Club.
The founder members of the club are recorded as A. D. Farmer Esq. Of Thame, Oxfordshire. and J. J. Pawson Esq. Of Hartley Wintney, Berkshire. In the summer of 1930, the records show that the club had 21 members.
The Club continued to thrive and in 1946 held their first Championship Show at the Trinity Hall, Gt. Portland Street, London. Two Judges officiated and 83 dogs were entered. Mr. Jimmy Garrow awarded the Challenge Certificate in Dogs to Ch. Vanda Daredevil and Mr. W. L. Renwick awarded the Challenge Certificates in Bitches to Portholme Mab. The first Yearbook for the Club was published in 1946 and the Club has continued this tradition ever since.