HISTORY OF THE CLUB
The Southern Border Terrier Club was registered with the Kennel Club on the 20th October 1930. The original name of the Club was "The Southern Counties Border Terrier Club". This name remained until after the Second World War, when it became known as the Southern Border Terrier Club.
The founder members of the club are recorded as A, D. Farmer Esq. Of Thame, Oxon. and J.J. Pawson Esq. Of Hartley Wintney, Berks. In the summer of 1930, the records show that the club had 21 members.
The Club continued to thrive and in 1946 held their first Championship Show at the Trinity Hall, Gt. Portland Street, London. Two Judges officiated and 83 dogs were entered. Mr. Jimmy Garrow awarded the Challenge Certificate in Dogs to Ch. Vanda Daredevil and Mr. W. L. Renwick awarded the Challenge Certificates in Bitches to Portholme Mab. The first Yearbook for the Club was published in 1946 and the Club has continued this tradition by publishing a Yearbook ever since.
"ESSENTIALLY A WORKING TERRIER"
THE CLUB TODAY
The Southern Border Terrier Club as our name indicates holds shows, events and activities in the Southern part of the UK. There are no geographical restrictions regarding membership of the Club. We have over 600 members from all parts of the UK and Overseas.
The Club is managed by an experienced and dedicated team of Officers and Committee. These representatives work together in organising the club’s shows, events and activities and are also able to offer help and advice on matters relating to Border Terriers.
As guardians of the breed, it is the club’s objective to uphold the origin and purpose of the Border Terrier as laid down in the Breed Standard recognised by the Kennel Club.